With Turkey season in our rear view mirrors and Christmas fast approaching we often get asked "does the housing market slow drastically in the holiday season."...the short answer is no but we do see a changes. There are both positive and negative factors associated with Real Estate in the winter months.
1. Sellers: if interest rates are still low and you price your home properly it will sell no matter the time of year.
2. Buyers: winter often sees more motivated sellers but fewer homes on the market to pick from.
3. Sellers: in the Spring "buying season" your home will compete with hundreds of other like homes, in the winter your home may be one of a few.
4. Buyers: moving in the winter can be difficult with weather conditions often unknown.
5. Buyers: Lenders don't find themselves as busy in the winter so your loan will be priority.
There are both positive and negative side of when to buy and sell, according to the chart below from Realtor.com, the trends of Real Estate will always lean towards the Spring and Summer months.