Want to keep it warm on New Years? With temps expected to be in the teens most of us are looking for ways to celebrate without freezing in the cold temps. So what does Springfield have to offer for a New Years celebration??
• Discovery Center, 438 E. St. Louis St. Open 6-8 p.m. Interactive, hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
• Fox Theatre, 157 Park Central Square. Open 8-11 p.m. Performances by Lyal Strickland, 8-9:30 p.m., and Smokey Folk, 9:30-11 p.m.
• Gillioz Theatre, 325 Park Central East. Open 8-11:30 p.m. Performances by Springfield Improv, 8-9 p.m., Skinny Improv's Jeff Jenkins Big-Time Old Comedy Hour, 9-10 p.m., and Nick, Ruell & Ned the Band, 10-11:30 p.m.
• ideaXfactory, 351 N. Boonville Ave. Open 8-11:30 p.m. Indoor and outdoor installation art, interactive neon art, giant art projections and hot coffee.
• Jordan Valley Park, 635 E. Trafficway St. The countdown to midnight begins at 11:45 p.m. with music from Kayleigh Rose and ends at midnight with a fireworks display.
• South Street Christian Church, 500 South Ave. Open 8-9 p.m. Pipe Dreams for a New Year: A First Night organ concert.
• Mediacom Ice Park, 635 E. Trafficway St. Open 9-11:30 p.m. Free ice skating.
If you are looking for some more adult activity check out the downtown pub crawl!